Today seemed like a great day to join in on a confessional link-up with my dearest Danielle over at Sparkles & Lattes . I confe...

Christmas Confessionals



Today seemed like a great day to join in on a confessional link-up with my dearest Danielle over at Sparkles & Lattes.

I confess that...

...I dislike most Christmas music. Some of it's okay, and I'll play it for my kids occassionally and sing along with them. But it gets overplayed to death every year and some of it is just so cheesy and terrible. Except Mariah Carey's Christmas album. I still listen that shit every year hahaha! (Yes I know it's cheesy and overplayed too!)

...I just love decorations, especially lights. I want to be one of those crazy people with a billion lights on my house. I just don't want to spend the money and time to do it.

...I hate shopping. No matter what it's for or what time of year, it's just not my favorite thing. Decisions have to made, money has to spent, and this time of year there's crowds and traffic and weather to drive in and I'd rather stay home curled up on the couch with a cup of tea. I've never been more thankful for online shopping than I am this year.

...Christmas is so much better with children. It's easy to get stressed and burnt out on this crazy, busy season but the kids make it worth it. They're so excited by the decorations and silly Christmas movies and baking and Santa and presents of course. Now if I could just get them to appreciate giving as much as receiving, we'll be all set!

...I love the movie Elf. And so does Sebastian. So we have seen it way too many times. But not as many as Home Alone 1 & 2. You've never heard a kid laugh as hard as Sebastian does while watching the bad guys get hurt.

...I really do enjoy giving gifts, even though I don't enjoy the shopping piece. My favorite gifts to give are homemade ones. I just wish I had time to make every present, but I would have to be making gifts year round for that to happen.

...Brian and I hardly surprise each other with gifts anymore. We're too practical to spend money on something we don't think the other person will like, so we always ruin the surprise and make sure we get the right things each year. He even bought his own presents this year, and already used it the cheater!

...I much prefer staying home to traveling during the holidays. It just saves so much time and money to travel in the summer when there are less holidays and no ice and snow.

...I haven't mailed out actual Christmas cards in years. I guess I feel like it's a waste of paper and postage, mostly cards just get thrown away. Just saving the planet, one card at a time. 😉

...the biggest thing left on my to-do list is to get pictures printed. I am procrastinating because it takes so long to sort through thousands of pictures and decide which ones to print! Plus I forgot to do it last year so it will be twice as bad as normal. Waaaa!

What about you? Have any Christmas confessions you need to get off your chest? Leave them in the comments below!

4 comments:

  1. Love these Christmas confessions. I sent out my cards early because kids. And I cheated by printing out the labels for addresses. I don't have the time to do it all with twin toddlers running around. But I do love watching Christmas through their eyes. It is so much fun. The girls hated Santa when we took photos and those will be priceless. I don't like traveling for the holidays either. But I do miss you guys and want you to visit soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oscar took one look at a Santa at a store the other day and was like "nooooo" hahaha! You guys should definitely come visit soon!

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness, my son literally laughs SO loud when watching the bad guys get hurt in Home Alone too! My husband had to tell him to be quiet the other day and we were just laughing so hard at him laughing so loud!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad mine's not the only one! He does it at funny parts in the movie theatres too, even when no else is laughing! Cracks me up.

      Delete