|pancakes with chickpea, veggie, & potato hash|
Note: this is a quadrupled recipe because we like to make extra and freeze them. Feel free to cut this in half or more if you don't want leftovers.
- 5 cups flour (we usually use whole wheat pastry flour)
- 4 tbsp. baking powder
- 4 tbsp. honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp. salt
- 4 cups dairy-free milk
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup water (plus more to thin the batter)
- 4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 tsp. cinnamon (optional)
- 4 tbsp. hemp seeds (optional)
- Several cups berries fresh or frozen (optional)
- 1/2 cup applesauce (optional)
- Heat a large pan over medium heat.
- Mix all ingredients together until just mixed, don't over mix.
- Spoon batter into pan, we usually do 4 smallish pancakes at a time.
- Don't flip until bubbles have formed and started to burst. Try to only flip once for best results.
- Serve warm with vegan butter, applesauce, jam, or maple syrup. Enjoy!
- To store leftovers: once cooled, place parchment paper in between layers in large Ziploc bags and place in freezer.