Every time I go through our bookshelf or the nightstand drawer, I usually find about 3 notebooks with the attempt at a journal started. At t...

Filling My Empty Journal

Every time I go through our bookshelf or the nightstand drawer, I usually find about 3 notebooks with the attempt at a journal started. At the most, there's about two entries a year in there. It's a little sad because I really love to write, but it's one of the many things I don't make time for. So here's my attempt to make time for it. I figure since I spend the majority of my days in front of a computer, maybe this will be a more successful attempt.

I never really thought to start a blog because I figured I didn't have anything interesting to say to everyone. Then the other day I was at yoga and the teacher was telling the class to remember that you're there for you, not for anyone else. It made me realize how many things we do in life for other people. Not the things we do for our families and friends, but how we do or don't do things depending on how we feel our peers will react. Seeing as this is the silliest reason to not doing something that you like, I decided it was about time I started writing. Other people's opinions should not be holding me back. So here's to self-confidence!

0 comments: